What is Alzheimer’s disease?
It is a disease that takes over one’s memory loss, decreasing it as well as other mental functions too. It usually develops from Dementia. Often, we see this with those in their sixties and above; however, studies have indicated that more than two-hundred thousand people under the age of sixty-five have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.
We have seen it in the movies and books, such as Still Alice, where a woman in her late forties starts experiencing memory loss and additional signs that, ultimately, results to early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. Although this is seen in a form of media, such as the book and movie, both do indict early signs that commonly go undiagnosed in real life. Doctors have said that it is common for many to overlook these signs due to menopause, which can have similar symptoms.
That is why it is important for everyone in general to go their routine checkups, especially if someone in your family has Alzheimer’s disease. Some early signs of Alzheimer’s disease are:
- MEMORY LOSS THAT DISRUPTS DAILY LIFE
- CHALLENGES IN PLANNING OR SOLVING PROBLEMS
- DIFFICULTY COMPLETING FAMILIAR TASKS AT HOME, AT WORK OR AT LEISURE
- CONFUSION WITH TIME OR PLACE
- TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING VISUAL IMAGES AND SPATIAL RELATIONSHIPS
- NEW PROBLEMS WITH WORDS IN SPEAKING OR WRITING
- MISPLACING THINGS AND LOSING THE ABILITY TO RETRACE STEPS
- DECREASED OR POOR JUDGMENT
- WITHDRAWAL FROM WORK OR SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
- CHANGES IN MOOD AND PERSONALITY
A-1 Home Care specializes in Alzheimer’s disease as well as other diseases that affect millions worldwide. Our in-home caregivers work around the clock to help families whose loved one is progressing with Alzheimer’s. If you are a Culver City resident and your loved one is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, please do call us at 310-657-8780 or visit our website http://www.a-1homecare.com/ for additional branch listings in the Inland Empire Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Bernardino County.